23 January 2012

Political Shenanigans

It has been a long time since my last post.  Where does the time go?  I have not forgotten that I have a blog.  I have been trying to decide which topic to hit first.  I have tried to hold back from posting about the US primary elections, but I can't resist anymore.  I am not very politically active, so may be I am not the correct person to write on this subject.  Nevertheless, I am throwing my two cents in to the pot.

To say that I am appalled by the shenanigans of current group of Republican presidential candidates in the US is a major understatement.  Being outside of the country and listening to all of the rhetoric, I can only wonder what those living in the country at this time are thinking?  First, there is just outright disrespect for the current administration.  This is not to say that everyone should agree with the president, but to be so boldly disrespectful is unheard of.  Second, some of the campaign speeches and debates are just filled with inaccuracies.  One candidate stood up and said he was the best one to protect the US in case of a nuclear attack by Iran.  What?    Third, each of the Republicans believes he is the best person to get the country out of the current economic quagmire.  Apparently, they have forgotten that the economic situation of the US started well before 2008.  And the list gone on.  There is no need to beat a dead horse to death. 

This passed weekend Newt Gingrich revived his campaign from the dead.  But did anyone really expect that Mitt Romney was going to win the South Carolina primary other then himself?  I think the only surprise there was the margin of the win.  So the Republican primaries drag on until the last one standing is appointed the nominee. 

The next major state is Florida.  This is going to be an interesting primary as the current motley Republican crew has just about alienated many of the citizens in the state  The candidates are mainly anti-immigration, and anti-government programs for seniors.  Even Jeb Bush has yet to throw his support behind one of the candidates.  Anyway, this farcical process will continue  until June.  There will be more and more negativity and false statements and allegations to come.  Once November arrives, I do hope that citizens of the US will be able to put all of these political shenanigans aside and choose the person who is most capable of governing the country for the next four years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment